1. A minimum deposit of £50 for orders under £250 in value, or 25% of the total cost for larger orders is required to consider an order and contract for any quoted and described services. Deposit payments are due upon production of a contract and until the deposit is received, the date will still be available for sale to other clients. We cannot guarantee availability until order is confirmed. The remaining balance will be due 28 days before the delivery date, but you may make payments of any amount/frequency during the term of the contract. Any changes to your order must be made at least 28 days prior to delivery. If the above-mentioned order is cancelled you will forfeit deposit at any stage. Should the order be cancelled within 28 days of the required date 50% of the total cost of the cake will be incurred, and any cancellations within the last 14 days will become liable for the full cost as we are rarely able to replace such an order at such short notice.
2. If fresh flowers are to be supplied and fitted by a third party on the cake, it is the responsibility of that party to determine flower safety and safe food practices and not the cake decorator. Any items supplied/fitted by the cake decorator shall be deemed as food safe, unless notice is left otherwise.
3. All rental items will be for a three-day period. Including the day of the event and two days after. A late fee of £5 per day will be imposed for each day the items are late. If any items that are hired and not returned or damaged in any way, the renter will be responsible for the cost of replacing the entire item. A refundable security deposit will be refunded when all rental items are cleaned by the client and returned in the same condition.
4. Cake ingredients or machinery may come into contact with nuts, milk, and wheat products.
5. In the case of an unavoidable situation, such as extreme weather, an unpredictable act of God, a car accident, or poor road conditions during delivery the Cake Decorator cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above ordered cake.
6. The Cake Customer shall provide clear driving directions to the desired delivery location and inform the Cake Decorator of any adverse road hazards and or obstacles that may damage the finished cake. We usually deliver cakes in separate tiers and assemble on site to avoid any such issues, but this is not always possible due to design restrictions, so please consider this when ordering your cake, if your venue is particularly rural or hazardous en route.
7. The Cake Customer agrees that there will be no order changes to the cake request prior to 28 days before the delivery date.
8. The Cake Decorator is not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. The Cake Customer is responsible for ensuring the provision of a suitable and secure table for the cake. Stacked cakes are extremely heavy and require a sturdy, stable surface and suitable environment away from heat, damp or excessive cold. Ideally do not place your cake table in front of a window or doorway, and it must be away from direct heat, sunlight or excessive force/vibration. We will photograph your cake once setup is complete as proof of condition, and we reserve the right to publish such photos for advertising/publicity purposes